Mayor, James Rawls Council Member, Donnie Register Council Member, Pauline Buckholts Coucil Member, Tommy Davis Council Member, Jane Lee
Jane Douglas, City Clerk James Rawls, Fire Chief Danny Strickland, Water Superintendent
PO Box 120 Dupont, GA 31630 912.487.2630 912.487.3133 (Fax)
Dupont originated as a railroad stop, named Station Number 12. Later it was called Suwannoochee, then Lawton, and finally, Dupont, in honor of Captain John Peter Augustus Dupont, an early settler. Dupont moved to the area from Darien.
Dupont was incorporated as a town on March 3, 1874. The first newspaper in the county, the Dupont Okefinokean, was located in the town. It was established in 1876 by John Peter Augustus Dupont, but was only published for a year or two.
The Dupont Seminary was a local school which boarded students from other parts of the county.