Mayor, Kaye Riley Mayor Pro Tem, Otis Fleming Council Member, Ann Grady Council Member, Lee Lane Council Member, Lee Rudd
City Clerk, Lessie Youngblood Fire Chief, Wesley Roundtree Water Superintendent, David Mainor PO Box 156 Argyle, GA 31623 912.487.2279 Argyle was originally named Saussy. The name of the town was changed to Argyle in 1899. It was incorporated as a town on November 18, 1901. The name change was to commemorate Fort Argyle, which was in turn named for John Campbell, the Duke of Argyle. Argyle was originally a sawmill town, and at one point, had a meat market, bank, a barber shop, grocery store, two mercantile stores, pharmacy, and a silent movie theater. It also had a jail and a police department.
In 1908, a school was built, named Union High.
Recently, Argyle has acquired its own volunteer fire department.